Monday, May 19, 2014

2014 Goals Re-visited...again!

So...haven't touched base on these since March, but May works too I guess :)

1. Be debt free by the end of the year.
- 8 more loan payments and 10 more car payments should do the trick!
- still on track!! yep!!

2. Put at least 20% of my monthly pay into a savings account to be used for travel and taxes.
- was able to put aside a bit over 20% of February's income!
- still plugging away! was blessed to not have to dip into savings on my last tax payment so will be able to take a trip to Nashville to visit P&K!

3. Eat one serving of fruit and one serving of veggies every day.
i am failing royally at this. i sip on orange juice most mornings, and often have veggies in the pre-prepared meals I cook and eat throughout the week, but other than that...not great.
- still about the same here. But i'm observing that my body is responding a lot more negatively to dairy than it used to so that might inspire some changes :/- forgot i even wrote this :/ lately i've been struggling in that i feel like i'm going out to eat ALL THE TIME. and the vast majority of the time it is work-related. i love eating out - it's overall more fun, but it's also a huge time suck. plus i find it way more cost effective to eat food i've pre-prepared. however, it's difficult to be assertive in this when you're preferences are the minority opinion of the group :/

4. Take my vitamins every day.
- i was doing really good with this and just this past week fell out of the routine.
- mostly doing this - yes.

5. Make more strides with the artist thing.
- Vague, I know. My initial thoughts with this are to somehow sell a good portion of the scores of cds sitting in my basement. I plan to explore doing shows at local churches throughout the year - both of the artist and worship type. Before pursuing that, I need to develop a purpose statement for each type.
i did take some steps with this, including the purpose statement and developing a contact list. I talked about the possibilities with a few people I know personally, but nothing more than brainstorming the potential or lack thereof.
- this was sort of put on hold...I'm facilitating the planning of a multi-church Good Friday Service at work and several of the churches I intended to try and play shows at are involved with this service. I feel sort of strange approaching them about this opportunity during this show planning. Maybe I just need to get over that. I've had a couple people ask me recently if I was still writing and planning to play any shows. I really do want to make this happen, but it seems like other things have squeezed into higher priority. Might need to reassesss...
- since the conclusion of Good Friday and the Easter season, i have been more intentional on this. i spent time going through all my "unfinished" songwriting work and spent time finishing pieces on my own and with assistance. i am actively in the planning process for a special concert that is set to take place in the next few weeks. stay tuned!!

6. Spiritual accountability.
- Not totally sure how this will play out but I know that some changes are necessary in order for me to be an effective ministry leader.
- strides have been made here! i followed God's leading to reach out to a wonderful woman at my church to disciple me and she heartily agreed! she has brought some wonderful study to the table where we are exploring what it means to be consecrated to God. it is shaping up to be an eye opening process but I am so excited for what's in store!
- Have had a few meetings now with my discipler and they have been wonderful! we are discussing what it means to be consecrated to God and holding each other accountable for the implementation of our convictions. She's encouraged me into a more intentional Bible-reading plan so that I'm developing a better habit of being in the Word daily which is great. We are also memorizing Scripture together :)
- still enjoying my regular meetings with my disciple-r! this is a far better fit for me than the group study method I was pursuing last fall (though that might be great for others!). it's so helpful to be able to talk through ministry and inter-personal struggles with a WOMAN in ministry. we are growing in our relationship and i look forward to continued growth. it is a comfort zone challenge for me to be truly open and honest on a DAILY basis (not just in our meetings) as we pursue life in a discipling community. 

1 comment:

Pam said...

So excited about you being debt free by the end of the year! Yay!!!!

And so excited about the disciple-r relationship you are developing!

Life is mostly a series of small, seemingly inconsequential choices. Taking vitamins, eating veggies (or eating out!), how I spend my time, how I respond to others.... are constant, daily choices for me as well. I am proud of the choices you are making. In many ways you are an inspiration to me! :)